Becoming a Board Certified Environmental Engineer requires certain professional and technical competencies. The Academy of Environmental Engineers and Sciences offers a structure for continuing your career as either an environmental consultant or an environmental technologist. Registered Environmental Engineers (RNs) and Registered Professional Engineers (RPEs): To qualify for the BCEE, you should be an eligible, licensed professional engineer having at least eight years of active full-time engineering or science training and experience.

The examination for this credentialing is available in two forms – the written examination and the practical examination. The written examination consists of two parts – a written test and one or more written exams that cover different areas of certification. Once you have earned the CE, the academy will provide you a certificate.

To become a Registered Professional Engineer, you will need a minimum of eight years of engineering or science training and experience. You will also need to pass the exam for the specialty within the organization. The exams are administered periodically and the CE is awarded upon successful completion of the examinations. However, some regions offer Online certification programs, which take less time than the onsite courses and do not require any oral examinations. This type of Board Certified Environmental Engineer program allows you to work and complete the education requirements without having to worry about taking any tests.

Becoming an RN involves meeting specific educational and clinical requirements, along with obtaining a license from the Province of Ontario. This program is recognized by several countries and is intended to train future engineers who wish to specialize in a specific environmental specialty. In addition to Ontario, there are many programs in Canada and the U.S. that provide this kind of specialized training.

An individual wishing to become a Certified Specialist in ecological engineering in Canada must obtain both an associate’s degree and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and pass two examinations. The associate’s degree requires a study of four years at an institution of higher learning that is approved by the provincial government. These include chemistry, physics and mathematics. In addition to the courses required for the degree, the student must successfully complete two years of specialized study at the college of choice. At the end of the program, the individual will have successfully completed the course work and be awarded a board certification. In the United States, the two-year National Board for Professional Engineers examination is required before the license is awarded.

To become a Board Certified Environmental Engineer in the United States, an individual must successfully complete two years of specialized studies at an approved college and pass two written examinations. After successfully completing the training, the person will sit for the written examination required by the state. Once the exam is passed, the individual will become a Board Certified Engineer in the state. To become an advanced registered professional, two more years of education and one year of specialized experience are required.

Becoming a Board Certified Professional Engineer requires a minimum of six years of relevant work experience and the completion of two years of specialized study at an approved college. To become an environmental engineer in Canada, the applicant must successfully complete two years of specialized study at an approved college. The study includes a four-year bachelor’s degree, four years of engineering experience with no less than five years on the job experience, and the passing of a nationally recognized written exam. In order to be accepted into the program, an individual must have at least a bachelor’s degree and pass a nationally recognized written exam. Applicants may be required to take an oral examination as well.

To receive a Board Certification in environmental engineering, an individual must work for two years under the supervision of a practicing professional engineer in a field that he or she has studied. After two years, a person is eligible for reapplication after which he or she must again pass a national written exam and undergo another two years of training. The board certification is valid for three years or longer. After receiving the certification, individuals are entitled to one of three designations: Registered Specialist, Certified Specialist or Registered Architect.