A CDGP can be used by a manufacturer, a shipper, an export business or a DV training provider. The CDGP is completely independent of the personnel occupation to which they answer. Whatever occupation the individual holds, the CDGP attests their proficiency and professionalism within Dangerous Goods transportation across all kind of supply-chain firms. This makes the CDGP very important for both buyers and sellers.

Most countries mandate the certified professional to carry out hazard analysis and design of hazardous materials. They must also complete an established and recognized CDGP training program. Most certification agencies require that candidates pass a written examination and a practical test covering all relevant areas of the CDGP. Some countries do not have specific requirements, while others specify the knowledge and experience required prior to certification.

There are a number of alternatives to obtaining the certification. Many countries have different certifying bodies, including several national agencies. In addition to the national certification, many organizations offer certificates or diplomas that can serve as an affirmation of the candidate’s knowledge and proficiency in chemical engineering. The various certifying agencies recognize two general fields of specialization in chemical engineering: infrastructure design and operation and environmental assessment and remediation.

Certifications from IHMMS are granted by two organizations – the International Health, Safety, and Environmental Management Association (IHEM) and the Institute of Chartered Survey Professionals (ICPT). The IHEM establishes the benchmark against which other certifications are measured. Candidates wishing to become IHEM certified candidates, also known as IHSM candidates, need to have a high school diploma or equivalent. Those wishing to obtain a IHEM certification card for the first time need to successfully pass the exam.

A candidate who passes the IHEM certification exam has the legal authority to work as a materials manager. They need to have completed a four-year Bachelors degree with a major in chemical engineering, chemistry, and mathematics. These courses are offered at accredited universities and colleges. While completing the program, candidates must also complete a five-year apprenticeship. Upon completion of the five years of study and the apprenticeship, candidates can apply for official certification.

The IITP exam is another popular choice. This test is a combination of practical and written sections and offers one year of study. During this time, candidates will take part in lectures, internships, and supervised clinical experience. Candidates need to have completed a two-year bachelor’s degree, but no more than four years in chemical engineering. The International Institute for Chemical Technology (IICET) is the only organization that provides this certification.

Once certified, there are several additional opportunities for a CMA. They can gain employment as a safety or control consultant in various environments such as hazardous waste sites, pharmaceutical facilities, military bases, power plants, and waste treatment centers. They can also work as an environmental engineer or geotechnical consultant in different companies. They can also open their own consulting firm or work as an architect or geotechnical consultant. It is possible to get a job as a chemical engineer or geotechnical technologist from an institution of higher learning, although many choose to obtain their education through the most respected technical college. Most campuses are tied up with technical colleges, making it easy to earn your Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree without starting your own business.

If you are interested in becoming a certified hazardous materials manager, then the best choice is to get your education at an IITP or equivalent institute of higher learning. Once you complete your education and pass the IITP exam, you will be re-certified as an IITP certified hazardous materials manager. You will be required to take additional courses, however, such as a course on industrial safety and protection.